Globalforwarding.com makes it easy to get a quote and transport and track your cargo whether ocean, air or land. See below tips to assist when booking and tracking shipments.
- Take the video tour before getting started to see the process for getting a quote.
- We recommend having all cargo crated or palletized for easy stable shipping to minimize damage.
- Use standard sizes and look through our information pages to determine the best way to ship your goods.
- Do not hesitate to call us with questions regarding your cargo or how to navigate this site. Our customer service agent will be happy to assist: 877-287-0804
Ocean Freight and Airfreight
- Have the origin, destination, size and type of container available as well as the commodity available before getting the quote
- Have the address and zip codes of any inlands
- For LCL and airfreight, it will be important to know the weight and the measurements of the shipments since that is how freight costs are calculated.
- Login to view and track shipments including information on freight documents for a particular shipment.
- See measurements pages to determine chargeable weight for airfreight
- Origin and destination zip codes will be required.
- The freight class is needed as well as the type of commodity. These classes are created by the National Motor Freight Traffic Association (NMFTA) to classify goods for over the road trucking. There are 18 classes listed between 50 and 500. Freight classes are determined by density, ease of handling, stowability, and liability (its worth if lost, stolen or damaged).
- Have freight density as well as weight and height before seeking a freight quote. This will allow for the most accurate quote.
- See measurements pages to calculate density